Home | About Us | Our Services | Resources | Referral Program | Confidentiality Policy | Contact Us

Who may apply? --- Canadian citizens belonging to certain professions who wish to work in the U.S. on a temporary basis may be eligible to receive a TN-1 work visa (proof of citizenship is required). Note that it is not available to landed immigrants or to non-Canadian citizens. It is available for temporary employment only. TN-1 status is granted for a specific type of work and for one employer at a time.

How do I apply? --- Applications may be made at the border (approval time ranges from 20 minutes to an hour). There are no forms to be completed.

What do I need? --- The applicant must provide evidence of the exact nature and duration of the U.S. business activity along with detailed remuneration arrangements and proof of job qualifications (typically a university degree and/or professional license). In addition, the applicant must meet the criteria outlined in Schedule 2 of NAFTA.

How long is it good for? --- It is valid for one year, however, it renewal period is indefinite. Persons working on TN status may be eligible to apply for permanent residency status (i.e. a green card).

For a detailed listing of professions, qualifications and information on other types of U.S. work permits visit www.grasmick.com/nafta.htm

(back to Resources)


Top of Page | Job Search | About Us | Our Services | Resources | Contact Us
© 2006 SemiconductorTALENT.com all rights reserved   Contact us at 1.866.848.5627